Okay, there are way too many inquiries :-)
- Yes, I do offer the European Championships 2016: http://api.football-data.org/v1/soccerseasons/424
- I will provide livescores with a maximum gap of around 1 minute after a goal is scored.
- No, I won't provide any additional information you can't find (cards, substitutions, scorer or the like).
- The Event-API is still experimental, hopefully kind of stable (and POSTing events) for the Euro, but I cannot promise.
- And finally: Yes, the service is free to use. However, donations are still welcome.
The goal of the football-data API is to provide football data of all major european leagues in a machine-readable
way. By data I mean fixtures, teams, players, results and more. All this information is provided
via an easy-to-use RESTful API in JSON (only) representation.
Target audience are software developers with an affinity to football in any way and the intent of building
The on-site documentation
should get you going quickly. I suggest you to install a JSON-View-Plugin
either for Firefox
and then dive in via the Soccerseason Resource
follow the HAL-style links of each resource to traverse the API.
If you want to implement the API seriously in a (larger) project, read the exhaustive documentation
to learn the tiny details.
The API is in active development and as the current version number finally allegorizes: stable.
Follow the blog for up-to-date information.